|Usage/Application||Faceting & Polishing|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
Looking for a good value Gemstone Faceting Machine This machine is your perfect choice. It is built for higher productivity and precision work. It has a double-wheel design, the first and the bigger splash guard generally houses an 8" grinding lap for faceting/cutting purpose and the second splash guard is fitted with a 6" polishing lap.
This allows you to do both faceting and polishing of your stone simultaneously and saves you the time and effort that goes into inter-changing grinding and polishing laps on a single-wheel design.
The machine is suitable for faceting and polishing almost any gemstone, like Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, Quartz, Opal, and Jade to name a few in any shape of your choice.
Accessories supplied with the machine:
- The motor is isolated from the faceting unit and rotation of the laps is facilitated using a belt between the motor and the faceting unit via an idler pulley and 2 step pulleys (one below each splash guard).
- The idler pulley can be used for tightening the belt. The motor plate can also be moved in and out for this purpose.
- The 2 step pulleys have multiple steps of different diameters that are used to control the rotation speed.
- The facetor unit consists of a metal handpiece (with a rubber grip) that comes with an indexing gear at its end and 3 D-blocks for angle adjustment. Each of these D-blocks has an angle protractor that can be locked at different angles at which the stone has to be cut and polished. These are made of high-quality Bronze and Brass components.
- Angle adjustment on the protractor of the D-block is easy and precise. It comes with divisions of 1° from 0-90, allowing the stone to become completely horizontal or vertical with respect to the lap.
- 1 Pc. 6" Copper polishing lap.
- 1 Pc. 8" Diamond polishing lap.
- 1 Pc. Aluminum master lap for backing the diamond lap.
- 150 Pcs. Dop sticks (75 for Crown side + 75 for Pavilion side)
- 1 Pc. Facetor (Consists of a metal handpiece with an indexing gear and 3 D-blocks)
- 1 Pc. Dop transfer jig for transferring the stone from pavilion side to the crown side and vice versa
- 1 Pc. Table polisher
- The gemstone is attached to the dop stick of the facetor handpiece with the help of a glue. You can choose to either do the pavilion side or the crown side first. Attach the stone accordingly.
- The other end of the facetor handpiece has an indexing gear. This end is placed and locked on any of the D-blocks set at the desired angle.
- Once the dop stick is set up with a gemstone and placed on a D-block with the desired angle, the gem can be applied to the rotating grinding lap for faceting.
- The indexing gear can be rotated and set at different values to work on different facets.
- The handpiece can be transferred to a different angled D-block and the same process can be repeated to get different-angled facets if required.
- After faceting is complete, the handpiece can be moved to the polishing lap and the same process can be repeated for polishing your stone.
- Once you have completed faceting and polishing either the pavilion side or the crown side of the stone, use the transfer jig provided to change the orientation of the stone for faceting and polishing the other side.
- Once the stone is attached using transfer jig, repeat the above process.
- Delivery Time: 10 Working Days